Accounts Payable Manager
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for an Accounts Payable Manager who will be responsible for following all accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely invoice entries and payments to vendors. The Accounts Payable Manager supervises eight Accounts Payable Specialists and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including invoice scanning, invoice entry, weekly payment runs, and travel and expense reimbursements. The Accounts Payable Manager will interact with other department managers, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. This position is full-time and reports to the Trouw Nutrition USA Shared Services Manager.
- Maintains vendor relations, AP disbursement, 1099 and tax-related matters for all entities serviced by the Highland SSC
- Works with the GL Manager and the SSC Manager to develop, implement, and maintain procedures and policies for the accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Prepares and recommends operating improvements for efficiency gains
- Manages monthly closing of the Accounts Payable ledger and submitting accruals to the General Ledger team
- Works with AP Specialists to complete invoice entries as necessary
- Provides assistance to project managers and operations staff in response to invoice questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Works with the SSC Manager to select new employees for the Accounts Payable team
- Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees
- Supports Shared Services Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven or more years of Accounts Payable experience with at least three years in a leadership role
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Must have ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 and Use Tax experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
This is a full-time position, in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.