Accounts Receivable Clerk
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world and is owned by SHV. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a small town but be part of a global organization of over 60,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently searching for an Accounts Receivable Clerk at our corporate office in Highland, Illinois. This position will transition and centralize cash application functions into the Highland, IL Shared Service Center (SSC). The Accounts Receivable Clerk will standardize the process so all Opcos are using a similar process, while ensuring accurate and timely payment application. This role will professionalize the team to understand the General Ledger impact, as well as the Working Capital impact to the organization. Update current customers, as needed, for designated part of customer base for all U.S. Opcos.
- Implement Accounts Receivable processes in conformance with SSC accounts receivable policies to meet customer needs in an effective and efficient manner within company guidelines, comparing and evaluating possible courses of action and using discretion and ask questions where necessary
- Work with project team to implement new pilot projects and work to transition of this knowledge to the team
- Responsible for implementing various processes and controls
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for payment irregularities
- Supervise cash application process, research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Various month-end financial closing duties
- Identify trends within the AR department to improve productivity
- Support management by distributing timely and accurate AR information
- Responsible for Bank Remote Deposit check scanning function
- Direct and train future Accounts Receivable Clerks
- Minimum high school graduate or GED; Accounting degree or equivalent experience beneficial with Commercial Collection experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- 10-key calculator proficiency
- Strong math and deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs
- Time management skills
This is a full-time position, located at our corporate office in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.