Companion Animal (CA) Inside Sales Representative
|Company||Trouw Nutrition USA|
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top ten global nutrition companies in the world and is owned by SHV. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a small town but be part of a global organization of over 60,000 employees worldwide.
We have an opening on the CA team for an Inside Sales Representative. This is a newly created position as a developmental entry-level sales role with expectations to move to a Territory Sales Manager (TSM) sales role within 1-2 years. This position is responsible to generate sales of premix, base blends and straight ingredients within an inside account assignment for TN USA consisting of approximately 50 customers.
- Complete assigned training outlined by sales manager becoming immersed in understanding of Trouw’s products and services.
- Schedule and participate in on-site visits with TSM’s, 1-2 visits per quarter for training, account exposure and skill development.
- With manager’s guidance, develop and implement assigned accounts’ annual sales plan to achieve company budget.
- Ensure adequate quality and quantity of sales call activity to achieve budgeted sales margin.
- Create value added linkages with customers and look for operational efficiency for both our customers and Trouw Nutrition.
- Monitor credit worthiness of all assigned accounts.
- Manage issues with customers concerning orders, implementation of improvement/growth opportunities, and payments.
- Utilize and manage all company resources in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide customer and competitor information to management in a timely manner.
- Complete reports as requested and within timelines requested.
This is a full-time position located at the Trouw Nutrition USA corporate office in Highland, IL, which is 30 miles east of St. Louis, Mo. The standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. but may be changed according to the guidelines of our flexible work schedule policy. Trouw Nutrition offers a competitive salary and benefit package effective on the employee’s hire date.
- College Graduate- bachelor degree or equivalent experience. BS in Chemistry or Biology is preferred.
- Strong Selling Skills with a minimum of 1-2 years inside sales experience, with preference given to candidates with ingredient sales experience in the pet industry.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation applications and email programs.
- Project Management skills, ability to lead team, identify necessary steps, track completion, and manage resources for project completion.
- Team skills: co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
- Availability for travel. Up to 5-10% the first year, and 10-15% the second year.