General Ledger Accountant
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for a General Ledger Accountant at our corporate offices in Highland, Illinois. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for General Ledger areas relating to financial reporting for their designated business unit. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. In addition, this position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Assist in the banking forecasting requirements
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Monitor, analyze, and improve department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Finance Managers, and other finance and firm-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Work with the Shared Services Manager, General Ledger Manager, and FP&A Manager to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Achieve the goals and objectives set for each year to enhance professional development
- Support Shared Services Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Minimum BS/BA in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3-5 years of General Ledger experience with experience in managing people and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting
- Experience with M-3 or other large automated accounting system a plus
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
This is a full-time position, located at our corporate office in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.