General Ledger Manager
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for a General Ledger Manager who will be responsible for all General Ledger areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises two general ledger accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The General Ledger Manager will have contact with senior-level Executive Business Unit Managers, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position is full-time and reports to the Trouw Nutrition USA Shared Services Manager.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with the other Finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor, analyze and improve department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Finance Managers, and other finance and companywide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Shared Services Manager and FP&A Manager to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Shared Services Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- College graduate with a four-year Financial Accounting-related degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant work experience
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with the M-3 or other large automated accounting system is a plus
- Solid experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Supervisory experience preferred
This is a full-time position, in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.