Inventory Control Coordinator
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for an Inventory Control Coordinator at our Dairy Feed Production Facility in Strykersville, NY. This position is responsible to implement and maintain the Trouw Nutrition USA (TNUSA) Materials Management program by optimizing needed quality raw materials, finished goods and work in progress (WIP) in accordance to company policies and budget. To manage the inbound flow of raw materials as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible to meet customer and TNUSA business needs. This position reports to the Procurement Specialist.
- Analyze the flow of raw materials
- Manage cycle counts and bin run outs
- Communicate with procurement and supply chain members on availability of raw materials to meet order dates
- Manage receiving materials and validate paperwork
- Manage expiration dates by lot control and work with procurement to maximize usage and FIFO logic
- Manage and maintain ingredient records to ensure proper MRP calculation
- Review stock and inventory reports, validate reported data and compare with previous information
- Design, revise, interpret and implement inventory management procedures
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager to ensure Trouw quality guidelines are being met. Maintain daily communication with purchasing, formulation, and production team managers
- Optimize inventory to meet monthly and yearly targets
- Maintain Unite M3 system as it pertains to raw materials and purchasing
- Resolve invoice discrepancies that pertain to quantities
- Maintain appropriate inventory counts, cycle counts, and bin run-outs
- Manage inventory levels to achieve monthly/yearly Working Capital Targets
- Manage Slow-Moving Inventory level (90 day) to meet monthly/yearly targets
- Troubleshoot, and maintain errors in communication and continuity between production software and ERP system through error portal. Analyze patterns and issues as they arise
- Analyze data and create presentations for management team in regard to aging inventory, bin run outs, stock corrections, and consumption patterns
- Associate's degree or equivalent related experience. Degree preferably in business, economics or related field
- 1-2 years related experience in inventory and/or lot control knowledge of inventory management practices
- Knowledge and experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in dynamic and evolving environment with cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and technology
- Attention to detail
This is a full-time position, located in Strykersville, NY (30 miles southeast of Buffalo, NY).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.