Laboratory Technician - Highland, IL
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for a Laboratory Specialist at our Highland, Illinois Premix Manufacturing Facility. This position is responsible for performing in-house laboratory analysis of raw materials and finished products and maintain relevant documentation to ensure achievement of customer and company quality objectives.
This role supports the analytical efforts of the business working closely with the Highland Premix Quality Team and has routine contact with customers and auditors, as well as laboratory vendors and testing facilities.
- Scan product samples for Near-Infrared spectroscopy (NIR), X-ray fluorescence (XRF) and powder flow testing (PFT) and record/report any non-conformances
- Manage the ordering and maintenance of inventory on all laboratory testing supplies
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with lab material vendors
- Maintain current laboratory inventory list
- Perform daily support and maintenance of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) functionalities and performance
- Provide daily support of the company’s analytical programs to ensure achievement of Customer and Trouw Nutrition goals and objectives
- Assist in the identification of items to be quarantined, or released from quarantine, as it pertains to the laboratory results
- Coordination of samples for testing to internal and external laboratories
- Perform in-house laboratory tests, monitoring, recording, and interpreting results
- Testing, such as ionophore and mycotoxins
- Complete quarterly customer-specific testing (homogeneity studies, mixing and dispensing studies, cross-contamination studies, and high-risk chemical ingredient studies)
- College degree in a science-related discipline preferred, or commensurate experience
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong math and deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and email programs
This is a full-time position, located at our Premix Manufacturing Facility in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please go to the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.