Livestock Key Account Manager - Poultry Layer
|Company||Trouw Nutrition USA|
Work for the industry leader in providing high quality, specialty nutrition ingredients to the livestock feed industry! Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is part of the Nutreco family of companies, one of the top 20 global nutrition companies in the world.
At Trouw Nutrition USA, we have a work environment where employees are given the opportunity to work in a team atmosphere, and everyone is respected and encouraged to give input. The Trouw Nutrition USA motto is “Go Team” and all employees are expected to be contributing members utilizing their individual talents and participating in the overall success of that team. We have an open culture that is fast-paced and entrepreneurial and offers employees accessible managers with regular communication. We believe that social responsibility, transparency, and sustainability are important for long-term viability. Our company is committed to creating a diverse organization and being part of a global company gives us that opportunity.
We have a career opportunity for an advanced animal nutrition species specialist who actively searches for opportunities to partner with key account customers in the integrated layer industry. This full-time position focuses on integrators in the Layer industry. This is a revenue generating position focused on maximizing sales profit for the company’s Livestock Division. The position is relatively complex as it varies from day to day and requires Goal Clarity, High Achievement Drive, Developed Emotional Intelligence and Social/Behavioral Style knowledge and skills. This position reports directly to the Livestock Key Account Manager and works closely with the Livestock Commercial Business Manager.
Main job duties include:
- Develop and implement strategies and annual key account management plans utilizing available company resources to generate sales of Nutritional Solutions, Core Brand Products and Premix with Feed Additives with assigned Value Added Accounts and Targeted Prospects.
- Ensure adequate quality and quantity of calls on assigned customers and prospects to maintain / grow business and achieve budgeted sales profit while managing expenses within company policy.
- Create value-added linkages with customers and look for operational efficiency for both our customers and Trouw Nutrition USA
- Provide timely customer feedback and stability concerns relating to credit, employee turnover, litigation, change of ownership, etc. to management
- Communicate market trends and competitive intelligence to sales and marketing management.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with immediately vested company matching funds. Benefits begin on all full-time employees’ date of hire.
Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science/animal nutrition or a related field or equivalent industry experience in layer/poultry production, animal health or a related field of no less than 5 years.
- Some established working relationships with integrated layer operation decision makers (veterinarians, nutritionists, live production managers, etc.)
- Strong proven selling skills with a minimum of two years’ sales or technical sales support experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software and email programs
- Travel expectations: A minimum of 3 days travel per week is expected