Maintenance Supervisor - Strykersville, NY
We have an opening at our Dairy Feed Production Facility in Strykersville, New York for a Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Operations Manager.
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional services for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world. At Trouw, our responsibility is the nutritional integrity of our customer’s brand. We blend vitamins, trace minerals and other ingredients with precision through established operating procedures to ensure food quality and safety. We are committed to excellence in the manufacturing process through a risk-based approach with emphasis on computer-controlled systems and supply chain management.
This position will be responsible for leading the maintenance effort at the Strykersville manufacturing operation, as well as ensure safe, efficient, and effective operation of all equipment and buildings in order to maximize production efficiencies and minimize cost while meeting customer needs.
- Lead and develop maintenance technician(s) and pull resources from other teams as available/needed
- Establish and lead a preventative maintenance system to maximize uptime
- Lead the installation, repair and upkeep of the property, including machines, mechanical and electrical systems, buildings and structures
- Drive 5S” efforts to improve the operating conditions and maintain an effective food protection environment
- Manage any contractors that come on-site to ensure effective project performance
- Assist in reducing indirect supplies expense whenever possible through quoting or usage improvement
- Work with the rest of the team to identify hazards and eliminate them as much as possible
- Perform analysis of all internal and external non-conformances and develop the best path forward to mitigate the issues
- Generate projects to drive OEE for the Strykersville team
- Ensure that all LOTO and Confined Space entry efforts are performed as required by policy and OSHA requirements.
- Minimum high school diploma; technical training preferred
- Five years of industrial maintenance experience
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Knowledge of maintenance management programs is preferred
- Ability to obtain forklift and scissor lift certification, as well as operate forklift/scissor lift in a safe, efficient manner
- Candidate must be able to cooperate, motivate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Problem-solving skills – ability to identify issues and solve them
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.