We have a full-time position opening at our premix plant in Neosho, MO for a Maintenance Technician, reporting to the Neosho Maintenance Supervisor. This position performs a variety of accidental and preventative maintenance activities to ensure the effective operation of all equipment and buildings while meeting customer, Federal, State and Trouw Nutrition safety and environmental protection requirements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and scheduling of appropriate preventive, corrective and routine maintenance programs for site facilities, utilities and equipment, including housekeeping
- Diagnose machine and equipment troubles and determine extent of repairs necessary; tear down units, generate materials list for worn or defective parts, prepare proper requisitions for parts not in stock; reassemble; make adjustments and correct timing. Such equipment shall include conveyors, palletizer, blowers, air compressors, water tube boilers, bagging machines, scales, elevator, forklifts, man-lifts, HVAC, Fire Protection system and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical equipment, such as Programmable Logic Devices (PLCs), computer controls for automated systems, single and three-phase AC motors, low-voltage switchgear, solid-state components. Utilizes and interprets various types of test equipment, such as micrometers, feeler-gauges, volt-ohm-meters, amp-probe’s, data loggers and manometers, etc.
- Support and assist in the installation of engineering projects
- Keep abreast of new technology and manufacturing processes
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), ManagerPlus, for asset management, work order management, preventative maintenance scheduling, inventory, etc.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required with three to five years of industrial maintenance experience OR advanced education at a vocational technical institute with studies in industrial maintenance, along with a minimum of one year experience.
- Preferred knowledge and experience in general industrial machine maintenance, to include: Blueprint reading; alignment of parts; setting, leveling and installing machinery; mechanical diagnostic procedures; thread and fit pipe and fittings; make basic measurements and calculations; repair drives, pumps and gear drives; rigging; lubricants; bearings, seals and gaskets; and various machine drive mechanical systems.
- Also preferred is a working knowledge/understanding and troubleshooting techniques for Programmable Logic Devices (PLCs) ladder logic, computer control for automated systems, single and three-phase AC and DC motors, low-voltage switchgear, solid-state components and selection of substitute devices.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs
- Able to obtain forklift certification and operate forklift in a safe, efficient manner
- As a member of the maintenance team, this person is on-call for plant work on some off-hours, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time position, located at our plant location in Neosho, MO.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.