Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for Mill Operators at our Strykersville, NY location. The Mill Operator is responsible for manufacturing quality complete feed for dairy cattle by using the facility’s automated batching system.
- Set up, operate, and maintain control, within specified limits, of all equipment related to the milling process
- Adjust production equipment to maintain control of the process and document appropriately
- Add and mix ingredients for accurate processing, using hand tools, scales, or other devices
- Enter and manage data within computer inventory and control system as needed
- Monitor inventory of hand-add and micro ingredients, restocking as needed
- Unload bulk ingredients into tank farm and grain facility when needed
- Ensure samples are taken for every feed loaded and receiving raw materials
- Load bulk trucks with finished product as needed
- Be aware of and abide by SOPs, QC guidelines, HACCP and other established guidelines/policies
- Examine materials, ingredients, and finished products to ensure conformance to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 65 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb steps
- Demonstrated safe working habits
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer skills (e.g., basic keyboard and mouse operation)
Preferred Hiring Criteria
- Experience with the use of automation or the ability to learn
- Experience or the ability to learn mixers, hammer and roller mills, elevators, augers, drag and belt conveyors, and other material handling equipment
- Demonstrated experience with use of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of capabilities of truck fleet, including methods of unloading, maximum load size, etc.
- Knowledge of materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of ingredients used, including densities, and flow characteristics
This is a full-time position, located at our plant location in Strykersville, New York. The work hours vary from 40-60 hours a week and could include Saturdays. Training will occur during the day shift, but the permanent role is expected for second shift.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please go to the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.