Nutrition & Formulation Technician
Hi-Pro Feeds is an innovator of animal nutrition and feed manufacturing. We provide the highest-quality feed products and nutritional support to livestock and dairy producers.
We are currently searching for a Nutrition & Formulation Technician at our Hi-Pro Feeds facility in Friona or Comanche, TX. This position is responsible to ensure accurate formulation of nutritional products manufactured at Hi-Pro Feeds facilities to meet customer and company business goals and objectives.
This individual will provide formulation for approximately 700,000 tons of product manufactured annually. Must be able to work in a fast-paced supply chain/production environment where things can change frequently. Willingness to collaborate and work with teams in other departments is vital.
- Build new and maintain existing diets
- Least-cost formulation of feed formulas auditing of feed programs and challenging ingredient and nutrient constraints
- Produce feed labels using feed labeling software to meet feed industry regulatory requirements, feed labeling requirements, and tag generation using labeling software
- New products setup and associated entries in accounting software and batching equipment
- Creation and maintenance of formulation-related standard operating procedures
- Collaboration with all areas of the business, including Pricing Manager, Production, Procurement, Nutrition, Sales, Customer Service, etc.
- Collaboration with production on approving formulas and interfacing to batching systems
- Minimum of master’s degree in Agriculture; Animal Science focus preferred. Comparable experience will be considered.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to work with numbers and unit conversions
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs
- Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; flexible: willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work with other departmental teams
- Ability to travel minimally
This is a full-time position located in Friona, TX or Comanche, TX.
We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please go to the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.