Product Manager: Probiotics and Microbial Mitigation Technologies
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top ten global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for a Product Manager that will focus on probiotics and microbial mitigation technologies. The product manager will be responsible for the overall profitability and sustainability of product value. Developing and implementing product strategies and sales targets will be an essential part of this position. Market segmentation, identifying customer target groups and product positioning are also among the main tasks along with providing technical support, sales tools and training to the sales teams. This is a full-time position, located at our corporate headquarters in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO).
Marketing and Product Support
- Create, maintain, and fully support a customer base to utilize probiotics and microbial mitigation-based products
- Conduct customer sales calls to educate customers on the product and subsequently assist with the application of the product
- Cultivate and execute a marketing strategy for all probiotic and microbial mitigation-based products
- Produce sales manual, advertisements and other promotional items in collaboration with the marketing staff.
- Create product datasheets, material safety datasheets and other product documentation.
- Grow product-positioning strategies based on competition analysis.
- Work extensively with sales management in planning, sales and customer relationship management.
- Support local distributors through product training, customer visits etc.
- Conduct product-training seminars on new products to targeted audiences.
- Gather, review, and analyze research trial data, market information, and technical data to develop the product group accordingly; convert research data into effective sales tools to grow the CA business.
- Collaborate with the CA Formulation Team on generating and executing a product development pipeline to advance the business beyond the current state.
- Coordinate with production partners to fulfill customer needs.
- Support Sales Management in planning and execution of marketing and sales plans
- Monitor and assist in achieving CA marketing budgets
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
- Minimum College Graduate MS degree
- Over 5 years’ experience in microbiology/sales
- Familiarity with pet food processing and supply chain
- Proven social skills and tangible successes in sales and marketing
- Competent computer skills in word processing spreadsheet applications, presentation applications, and email programs.
Apply at TNUSAHR@nutreco.com