We have two openings at our Dairy Feed Production Facility in Strykersville, New York for Production Supervisors. There will be two shifts, one from 4 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and a second from 12 p.m.-8 p.m. The Production Supervisors will report to the Operations Manager.
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional services for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
At Trouw, our responsibility is the nutritional integrity of our customer’s brand. We blend vitamins, trace minerals and other ingredients with precision through established operating procedures to ensure food quality and safety. We are committed to excellence in the manufacturing process through a risk-based approach with emphasis on computer-controlled systems and supply chain management.
This position will be responsible for supervising all facets of production on the designated shift, including but not limited to:
- General supervision of employees and production process
- Completing production plan by scheduling, assigning personnel, establishing priorities, monitoring progress and resolving problems
- Coaching and development of shift employees
- Production of high-quality products in a safe, efficient and environmentally sound manner
- Hands-on knowledge of the operation functions; support and back-fill production processes as needed
- Minimum high school diploma, college preferred
- Previous leadership and production experience (feed manufacturing preferred)
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of manufacturing ERP programs is preferred
- Mechanical aptitude – ability to understand mechanical equipment
- Ability to obtain forklift and scissor lift certification, as well as operate forklift/scissor lift in a safe, efficient manner
- Candidate must be able to cooperate, motivate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply via the Indeed job posting. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.