Quality Control Technician - Neosho
|Company||Trouw Nutrition USA|
This role supports the Quality & Food Safety team in Neosho working closely with the Q&FS Manager and HSEQ team. It has routine contact with customers, auditors, suppliers as well as laboratory vendors and testing facilities. This role assists in assuring the goals and objectives for production processes of the company meet or exceed specification and quality expectations of customers.
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional services for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top ten global nutrition companies in the world. At Trouw our responsibility is the nutritional integrity of our customer’s brand. We blend vitamins, trace minerals and other ingredients with precision through established operating procedures to ensure food quality and safety. We are committed to excellence in the manufacturing process through a risk-based approach with emphasis on computer-controlled systems and supply chain management. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a small town but be part of a global organization of over 60,000 employees worldwide.
We have an opening at our Companion Animal production facility in Neosho, MO for a QC Technician. This role supports the Quality & Food Safety team in Neosho working closely with the Q&FS Manager and HSEQ team. It has routine contact with customers, auditors, suppliers as well as laboratory vendors and testing facilities. This role assists in assuring the goals and objectives for production processes of the company meet or exceed specification and quality expectations of customers.
This position will be responsible for:
- Providing daily support to the company’s Quality Control and Assurance Programs by assisting the Q&FS Manager by reviewing records and making determinations if critical errors affect the quality of finished goods.
- Manage and monitor the finished product analytical requirements and CofA Verification data in LIMS to ensure all finished products and ingredients meet Nutreco monitoring and customer specification standards.
- Performing in-house laboratory testing, monitoring, recording and interpretation of results.
- Mycotoxin and Near Infrared Spectrophotometry (NIR) testing
- Input and monitor information into the Laboratory Information Management System. Assisting and leading when appropriate with preparations for certifications, audits and customer tours.
- Performing daily support and maintenance of LIMS functionalities and performance.
This is a full-time position, located Neosho, MO. The working hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. However this position may shift hours due to training purposes or business needs.
Trouw Nutrition offers a competitive salary and benefit package effective on the employee’s hire date.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical approach and excellent communication skills (written and verbal). He/she must be a self-starter that can co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Preference will be given to candidates experienced with Near Infrared Spectrophotometry and Mycotoxin testing experience.
- A minimum of a high school diploma required with a strong interest in natural science, such as biology or chemistry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, food science/food safety, or commensurate experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail programs.
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on mentality with a drive for results.
- Very close attention to detail.
- Strong math and deductive reasoning skills.