Strategic Human Resource Manager
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top ten global nutrition companies in the world and is owned by SHV. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a small town but be part of a global organization of over 60,000 employees worldwide.
We have an opening for a Strategic Human Resource Manager. This is a key position responsible for developing, initiating and executing Human Resource strategies, policies and practices in line with Corporate HR policies and guidelines that offer added value to the OpCo and to the engagement and development of the staff working for the OpCo. This position interacts with all areas of the USA OpCo Management Teams to provide direction and assistance on corporate HR initiatives as well as strategic initiatives and is a member of the Trouw Nutrition USA Management Team.
- Formulates a human resource strategy consistent with the business strategy of the OpCo and corporate HR-guidelines, which after approval by the General Manager, results in short and (mid) long-term plans for organizational or cultural change Implements organizational and cultural change plans in order to bring the business organization to higher professional standards.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the business strategy, assists in driving organizational capability development and representing the people and organization dimension in the operational or functional management team.
- Actively consults and coaches operational or functional leaders on organizational change management, employee issues and sustainability.
- Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial human resources consequences, and takes care of HR analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure HR awareness in decision making and to minimize organizational and personnel risks.
- Champions employee engagement, supporting growth and development of people in the respective units.
- Implements effective HR programs and processes which comply with the challenges of the business. Manages the data required in the various systems and tools.
- Manages cost of all HR services provided to business within the set and agreed cost budgets. Participates in implementing change management processes in the business, as well as in leading major HR change initiatives.
- May have influence on the development of higher level HR strategy.
- Keeps track of developments in HR discipline and working field and translate insights into proposals relating to policy changes and submits them to the BU HR Director Coaches and mentors subordinate staff, both direct and functional reports
This is a full-time position, located at our corporate office in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO). The working hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Trouw Nutrition offers a competitive salary and benefit package effective on the employee’s date of hire.
- Bachelor degree / level in Human Resource, Business Management or a similar field.
- 8+ years working experience in Human Resource Management or a related field, preferably in an international company.
- Experienced in integrating companies and cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and facilitate discussions toward arriving at solutions.