Quality Control Technician
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Control Technician at the Neosho Premix Facility. The position reports to the Quality and Food Safety Manager, Rick Coble.
- Provide daily support to the company’s Quality Control and Assurance Programs by assisting the Q&FS Manager by reviewing records and making determinations if critical errors affect the quality of finished goods
- Manage and monitor the finished product analytical requirements and CofA Verification data in LIMS to ensure all finished products and ingredients meet Nutreco monitoring and customer specification standards
- Perform in-house laboratory testing, monitoring, recording and interpretation of results
- Mycotoxin and Near Infrared Spectrophotometry (NIR) testing
- Input and monitor information into the Laboratory Information Management System
- Assist and lead when appropriate with preparations for certifications, audits and customer tours
- Perform daily support and maintenance of LIMS functionalities and performance
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical approach and excellent communication skills (written and verbal). He/she must be a self-starter that can co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Preference will be given to candidates experienced with Near Infrared Spectrophotometry and Mycotoxin testing experience.
- A minimum of a high school diploma required with a strong interest in natural science, such as biology or chemistry
- A bachelor’s in biology, microbiology, chemistry, food science/food safety, or commensurate experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality with a drive for results
- Very close attention to detail
- Strong math and deductive reasoning skills
This is a full-time position, located Neosho, MO. The working hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, this position may shift hours due to training purposes or business needs.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department.