Ruminant Nutrition Formulator
|Company||Trouw Nutrition USA|
Trouw Nutrition, a Nutreco company offers world-class animal nutrition feeding programs to its customers. Our parent company, Nutreco, is a global leader in the animal nutrition and aqua culture business. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Nutreco employs more than 10,000 people in 30 countries, with sales in 80 countries.
The Ruminant Nutrition Formulator will be based at our Strykersville, NY facility. We are surrounded by all forms of agriculture, with a primary focus on dairy. They will be responsible for delivering our strategy while advising on products and feeding programs to meet customer’s animal nutritional needs. The Ruminant Nutrition Formulator is expected to conduct all matters in a manner consistent with Trouw Nutrition, a Nutreco company’s Corporate Values of Innovation, Caring, Capable, and Collaboration.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Function with the Sales Team to ensure the optimum performance of products and feeding programs;
- Work closely with the other members of the Nutrition Team and with the Purchasing and production staff to ensure that products conform to specified standards;
- Keep informed of all pertinent issues and competitive activities as they arise by attending industry functions, industry networking and continually reviewing industry publications
- Apply internal software (Brill Software) and be able to train others in their use;
- Support sales efforts with customer support as required;
- Support the Formulation/HACCP/QC teams in areas such as tags, regulatory issues/registrations and Quality Control/Assurance programs.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Ability to quickly prioritize individual responsibilities and effectively manage time;
- Proven ability in accurate and cost effective decision making;
- Knowledge of livestock production and management and a thorough understanding of the local industry;
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proven ability in working within teams and in a team environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and daily tasks in fast pace environment;
- Strong math skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong skills in MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences or related discipline;
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- English, both written and oral.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter Attn: Carolyn Young, P.O. Box 69, Strykersville, NY 14145. or email to Carolyn.Young@Nutreco.ca. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please.