Sales & Operations Planning Leader (S&OP Leader)
Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top 10 global nutrition companies in the world.
We are currently searching for S&OP Leader to lead the establishment and execution of processes that link sales forecast to production planning and run material acquisition. Using regular communication among the three functional teams, this person will help identify opportunities and lead the team to execute improved supply chain effectiveness and customer satisfaction. This role will create reporting structures that will analyze forecast accuracy. The S&OP Leader will be responsible to translate the annual strategic budget into the quarterly production forecast and the monthly performance analysis against the plan. There will be a weekly communication process to set expectations for plant performance and daily tactical adjustments with the planning team to optimize cost and service.
This position is full-time and reports to the Cluster USA Director of Operations.
- Lead the establishment and execution of S&OP processes for the USA Cluster
- Execute all facets of the S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the organization’s business operating plans and strategic objectives
- Partner with marketing and sales to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast; ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives
- Prepare all data metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate
- Analyze supply and demand issues and facilitate resolution through the supply chain
- Assist in quantifying and defining scope for capacity, resource, logistics and supply chain planning
- Maintain forecasts and manage links between systems for forecasting, master production scheduling, inventory management
- As an integral part of the company’s key business process systems’ selection, implementation, and execution, document and share “best practice” methods, processes and ideas across the business’ supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations
- Lead corporate initiatives aimed at improving current business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10 years working experience delivering sales and operating planning performance to multiple sites
- Experience in production facilities and application of planning optimization
- Strong results orientation, “has a sense of urgency and strong personal drive”
- Strong communication skills with oral, written and electronic communication
- Fluent in English; additional languages are an advantage
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications
- Willing to travel as required (30-50%)
This is a full-time position, in Highland, Illinois (30 miles east of St. Louis, MO). Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply here or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department.