Trouw collects information from You when You voluntarily submit it to Trouw. For example, Trouw may collect or receive information from You when You create an account or access or use Services or Content through the Website, or otherwise interact with Trouw or other users on the Website.
Trouw may also collect other information about You through the Website using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Website places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Website to make Your visits to the Website more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Website. If You have chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Website may be lost. Certain web pages or functionality provided by Trouw, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You to a web page. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
Trouw participates in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Website, or on other web sites.
2.USE. Trouw's primary purpose in collecting information is to provide You with the Content and Services through the Website. Trouw may also use information for various purposes, including:
- To help diagnose problems with the Website, to administer the Website, and to enhance the Website.
- To monitor the usage and performance of the Website, and to determine aggregate information about our users and usage patterns.
- To customize Content and Services available on the Website.
- To facilitate transactions, process payments, and deliver invoices.
- To send users information about Incentive Programs.
- To send users materials, updates, and product information regarding the Website.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Website.
- To contact users for information verification purposes.
3.SHARING. Trouw may share information with third parties in certain circumstances, including in the following situations:
- Trouw may share information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Trouw). Trouw may also share information other third parties to provide You with the Content and Services and to facilitate Trouw's business.
- Trouw may share information with service providers that perform services for Trouw, such as providing hosting services, marketing assistance, data analysis, and processing payment card information.
There may also be instances when Trouw may disclose Your personal information without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of Trouw, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to honor a request that You have made through the Website; to protect the safety and security of other users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process.
In addition, if Trouw sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Trouw may transfer information to a third party as part of that transaction.
The Website may offer You the ability to share information about You through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site's integrated tools (e.g., Facebook "Like" button, or Twitter "Tweet" button). The use of such integrated tools enables You to share information about Yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that You have established with such social networking site. Additionally, by making information available to Trouw, You "opt in" to allow Trouw to provide such information to a social networking site without Your further consent. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site's integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
4.PUBLIC FORUM AND MESSAGING. Trouw may offer public discussion forums and bulletin boards. Please note that information that You disclose in these public forums becomes public. Use caution in disclosing any personal information. The Website may also allow You to exchange messages with other users of the Website. Trouw may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them.
6.ACCESS & CHOICE. Trouw has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your personal information, or choose how Your personal information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of personal information that Trouw collects from the Website, please email or write Trouw at the addresses listed below under the Section titled "Communication."
- If You would like to know whether Trouw has collected personal information about You please send us the areas that You accessed on the Website that requested personal information. Trouw will then confirm whether Trouw has collected such personal information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- You may update or correct the personal information we have on file for you by sending a written request for correction to Trouw at the address below. Your request must include: (i) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (ii) the corrected personal information, and (iii) Your signature authorizing such changes. Trouw will then correct the personal information in Trouw's database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If You wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Trouw, please contact us at the address listed below. If You opt out, we may still send You non-promotional communications, such as to facilitate the Services and Content you access and use through the Website.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be "tracked" online. At this time Trouw does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information Trouw shares with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of customer information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below.
If Trouw needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of November 1, 2017